While it's no surprise that bladder health is a subject that many of us don't discuss on a regular basis, the month of November is a great time to speak out about it, along with bladder conditions such as incontinence. There's no better time than now to urge others to take notice of their bladder health and do something to improve it!
Why Awareness is Important
The truth is, bladder conditions can be a hard subject for most. Millions of Americans struggle with the impacts of such bladder conditions and disease such as:
- Urinary incontinence
- Overactive bladder
- Interstitial cystitis
- Urinary tract infections
- Bladder cancer
- Neurogenic bladder
These conditions can have a significant impact on an individual's health and quality of life. Luckily, there are a few things you can do to help manage your bladder health.
Tips for Managing Bladder Conditions
- Adopt a daily exercising and stretching routine to help relieve pain and symptoms.
- Clean up your diet and avoid food and beverages that may irritate the bladder such as coffee, spicy foods, sugary items, and fried fatty foods.
- Reduce stress to relax your mind and body.
- Practice timed voiding by going to the restroom every 2 to 3 hours instead of waiting for the urge to strike.
- Start the conversation with your provider
Visit Metro OBGYN
If you’re suffering with a bladder condition, we suggest going to see a urogynecologist who will evaluate your symptoms and find the best solution for your problems. Metro OBGYN offers several locations for those in the Twin Cities area suffering from pelvic health issues.
Are you looking for more information about urinary incontinence? Check out our free downloadable guide below!